Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Shipley Limited has instigated a Corporate Social Responsibility Policy which runs hand in hand with our ISO9001 accreditation. We believe it is our responsibility and duty to ensure we meet the expectations of our employees, clients, the community and the environment.
We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
Our focus will include but not be limited to:
- We will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development.
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees.
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment.
Our business operations:
- We are certified to the international quality management standard ISO9001. As such, regular internal and external auditing ensures compliance to applicable laws, regulations and codes.
- We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk.
- We are committed to continuous improvement in our corporate social responsibility programme and encourage our business partners to strive for similar practice and performance.
- We take seriously all feedback that we receive from our clients, business partners, suppliers and employees and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this Policy.
We strive to be a good corporate citizen, recognising our responsibility to work in partnership with the communities in which we operate. We encourage our employees to be actively involved in their local communities.
This can be achieved by:
- Actively encouraging employees to get involved in volunteering and fundraising.
- Sponsoring employees and/or business partners when they embark on a fundraising event.
- Aiming to give our time, experience, assistance and benevolence within our local community wherever possible. In certain circumstances and with the prior agreement of Management, this will be free of charge.
We are committed to a programme of continuous improvement and reporting of our direct and indirect impacts, which mark our contribution to improving the world in which we live.
Examples of our activity in this area are:
- Our internally developed web system for timesheet, holiday and absence forms to reduce the need for paper records.
- We recycle paper, printer toner cartridges, old mobile phones, IT equipment and office waste.
- We work with our suppliers and service providers to ensure efficient energy and water consumption in our offices.
- We reduce energy consumption and paper wastage through the promotion of maximum use of electronic communication and data management.
- Our Workshop materials are produced from a sustainable environment wherever possible.